Jello, that good old childhood favorite has gotten a grown-up twist, that will flip what you think about this gelatin, upside down.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.