Sweet, Salty, Crunchy snacks are usually the biggest culprits of busting a diet. Cravings are real and keeping on track can be difficult unless one has the means to stock the pantry with expensive organic alternatives. Here we will look at snacks that are easy, healthy, with ingredients that can be found in any standard grocery store.
- Take some fresh strawberries and a bar of dark chocolate (70% Cacao or higher) Remove the stems and cut the strawberries in half. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and dip the berries, then place in the fridge until set. The dark chocolate is a good antioxidant, and will satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Take Low fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt, super good for you, but BORING! Jazz it up with your favorite fruit, like berries or peaches etc…. now add your favorite natural granola for a pop of flavor and crunch!
- Take that low fat yogurt and and cubed apples, I like honey crisp. Add a Tablespoon of cinnamon stir and enjoy!
Salty and Crunchy!
- Kale chips can be bland and a little tasteless, so take some spinach, coat in a thin layer of olive oil and place on parchment paper. Add a little sea salt and a little garlic powder, cook at 350 degree’s for approx 15 minutes.
- This one is sweet AND salty! Take your favorite apples and slice, spread with a smooth all natural peanut butter and CRUNCH!
- Almonds – Natures crunchy goodness! Swap out those Cheeto’s or Chips for a handful of satisfying almonds!
If you love veggie dips, but don’t know how to make your own, this simple recipe may just be the one that satisfy’s that craving for creamy and crunchy.
32oz fat-free plain yogurt | Garlic Powder | Onion Powder | Seasoned Salt | Cut up fresh veggies
Line a strainer with a coffee filter or white paper towel. Place the strainer over the bowl to catch the liquid that will drain off the yorurt. Spoon in the yogurt in the filter lined strainer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. This will yield about 16 ozs of yogurt cheese. Season the cheese lightly with the seasonings suggested. You can also just add your favorite fresh herbs, such as parsley, rosemary or thyme. Use as dip for your fresh veggies!